Resources to Make Your Stay Comfortable
For our current residents we have a complete set of tools and procedures to make your stay with us more comfortable and rewarding. Log into your Resident Portal to submit maintenance requests and pay your rent conveniently online.
Did you know that you can now pay your rent and submit maintenance requests online through your Tenant Portal? It's fast, easy, and secure, so why wait? Don’t have an account? Click here
Links and Resources
Resources & Tools
Helpful Tenant Tips
Tenants often suffer because they are not aware of their rights. Our company pays attention to the ever changing landlord tenant laws in order to protect our clients from liability. If you have questions about your rights, check this link Landlord Tenant Law
It's a common misconception that owners do not want their tenants to contact them when they have a maintenance issue. Many issues that occur around a home do not require a major expense but if neglected, could become a much larger problem. If it is causing an inconvenience to you it's possible that the landlord would be willing to repair the item. It's just as important to the landlord in most cases that the home remains occupied and in good condition. Don't fear retaliatory actions from the landlord. Report the problem. I think you'll find most landlords appreciate your diligence with regards to the care of their home.
Move-outBefore you vacate a property the following steps should be taken:
- Provide Cal West with a 30-day notice. You can create your own or use the form provided here Notice To Vacate. The day you give the notice is the day the 30 days will begin. You can give your notice any day of the month. For example, if you give your notice on June 16th, your last day at the property would be approximately July 15th.
- At some point during that 30 days leading up to vacancy, provide Cal West with a forwarding address and contact Cal West if you have questions about a prorated amount of rent.
- Cal West will provide you with an inspection form that will give you an option to have a pre-inspection walk through with one of our agents. The purpose of this inspection is for the agent to review tenant responsibilities for repairs, cleaning, etc... in order for you to receive the maximum amount back from your security deposit. This inspection is best performed prior to the last day of tenancy to allow you time to make necessary repairs. We recommend a minimum of 5 days prior to vacancy for this inspection.
- Upon vacating the property, you need to return all keys and any remotes (if applicable). Cal West has 21 days to return the security deposit. If the forwarding address is not provided this will hold up the return of your security deposit.
- The security deposit will be mailed to you. We do not allow tenants to come by the office to pick up their check.