Right Tenant Vs. Fast Tenant
We strive to get your investment rented quickly, but feel it is important to get the RIGHT tenant versus the FAST tenant! Spending time up front creates a good experience all around, versus one that is stressful and frustrating. In our experience, desperation usually leads to bad decisions. We work hard to maintain a consistent standard to ensure the best possible tenant.
Oftentimes people think they just need to do a quick credit check and verify employment but there’s more to it than that. Our high quality tenant screening process digs deeper. We gather extensive information on the following:
Cal West will obtain a credit report for each applicant. Our credit reports do not simply provide credit scores because that does not tell the full story. Our report reveals the full story of the applicant noting balances of each credit account along with the history of payment. It provides basic information about whether our applicant has ever been a plaintiff or a defendant in a public case such as an eviction or bankruptcy. It is also important to note that reports supplied by applicants WILL NOT be accepted.
The following will cause an application to be denied and we allow 24 hours to address disputed items on the credit report.
- Any collections with an outstanding balance that has not been paid in full and proof provided
- Unsatisfied judgments or liens
- Unlawful detainers within the last 5 years.
- Non discharged bankruptcies or bankruptcies less than 5 years old.
- Having more than 2 - 60 days late on any account opened or closed within the last 3 years.
- If applicant has late payments that are isolated to a mortgage and all other credit is satisfactory, then owner approval will be requested.
- Applicant’s gross monthly income must be three times the amount of monthly rent.
- Income will be verified from copies of the prior months pay stubs provided with the application (offer letters are acceptable).
- Self-employed applicants must provide the most recent 2 years of tax returns, plus financial statements for the last quarter.
- Proof of earnings from social security, child support, alimony and /or spousal support must be documented.
- Unverifiable income will NOT be considered.
- Overtime earnings will not be considered unless proven earnings over a 2 year period is provided and is expected to continue.
- Applicants must provide landlord references covering 5 years of tenancy when applicable, complete with contact phone number, email, previous, and current resident addresses.
- Applicant's references will be confirmed. If negative or questionable information is reported by the current or previous landlord, the applicant may be declined. The property manager may contact you to gather additional information depending on the results of these references.
Our screening process is not just based on a credit score only - we take a comprehensive look at the overall applicant. This process has proven to be extremely successful.
Get started with your FREE RENTAL PRICE ANALYSIS or, if you just need a little more information first, feel free to fill out the form .
REQUEST A QUOTE
How Much Does Professional Property Management Cost?
This video was designed to help you navigate the various types of fees companies charge to manage your home. San Jose and surrounding markets offer many options in the field of property management from small family owned businesses to large franchises. Each company prices their management differently. We explain the different fees they charge and offer advice on how to determine the best option for you.
The Best TechnologyCal West strives to stay on the cutting edge of technology. We offer an online owners portal and web based software that is always evolving to help our clients get the most current features the industry can offer. Our database is the best and most accurate product on the market for the property management industry.
Great Affiliations/ReputationAs members of
- The National Association of Residential Property Managers (NARPM),
- Tri-County Apartment Association (TCAA),
- The Better Business Bureau (BBB),
- The California Association of Realtors (CAR)
- The Santa Clara Association of Realtors (SCCAOR)
You can feel safe that the company you are hiring will be there when you need us. We have an A rating with the Better Business Bureau and have served for many years on the board for our local chapter of NARPM.
Constant Monitoring of Your InvestmentOur San Jose Property Managers conduct 6 month surveys on every new resident. Our property assessment program will provide an annual report to our clients complete with pictures and details about the property condition. These programs along with our periodic exterior assessments ensure that your asset is protected from tenant abuse or neighborhood blight. Our vendors also act as our eyes and ears and report concerns to our office when they perform work at the property.
Consistent Accounting Principles and DocumentationOur accounting is thorough and compliant with all requirements including local, state and federal. We provide a monthly statement showing all activity on your account. Clients with direct deposit can access their statement at any time through the owner's portal or via email. Statements come in a convenient pdf format but other formats are available if needed.
Current on Local and Federal LawsOur San Jose Property Management Company will implement local and federal requirements so as to limit our client's liability. If the law changes, we will make sure your property is in compliance.
Quality Vendors/Discounted Pricing for Our ClientsWe use only well vetted vendors with a track record of success. All vendors must verify their insurance and other appropriate documentation such as current licensing and/or bonding.
Flexible PlansWe offer a consistent approach to management that helps us provide the quality service our clients require but we can bend to your needs as well. We are confident that we have a management plan that fits your preferences and desires.
Online Rent Pay and Other Online FeaturesOur residents enjoy the luxury of paying their rent online either manually or automatically each month. Residents can also submit maintenance work orders through their account and see their ledger with completely updated balance information.
Dedicated Resident Relations DepartmentOur San Jose property management company has a dedicated department for all resident maintenance issues. Our staff will troubleshoot problems in an attempt to prevent needless costs and trips to the property by our vendors.
After Hours Emergency Response TeamOur San Jose property managers will stand ready to help should an emergency arise after business hours. The agent or staff member will troubleshoot the problem and determine the emergency status and send vendors out as necessary.
Relationship Building and Customer ServiceWe believe that our residents are an important part of the management experience. If they are happy it greatly reduces the chances that they will look for another place to live. We strive to be courteous and respectful with our residents knowing that they serve a valuable purpose in guarding our clients' assets. See Our Owner's Guide for more details.
Explore What We Do
As your San Jose Property Manager
Marketing is key to successful rentals. We provide an expert market analysis for each property we manage to maximize your return on investment.
We conduct extensive screening on all tenants and handle every aspect of getting your investment rented in the shortest time possible.
We make sure you get paid on time, every time. You no longer have to worry about rent showing up in your bank account because we take care of everything.
We conduct inspections upon move-in and move-out and ensure all maintenance issues are addressed in a timely manner.
With our detailed financial reporting tools, it's never been easier to keep tabs on your investment. Log into your owner portal to view statements & more.
What Our Clients Have To Say...Reputation Reviews
Areas We Serve
- San Jose
- Bay Area
- Santa Clara
- Mountain View
- Silicon Valley
- Morgan Hill